Having cosmo during a happy hour to kill some time before heading to home where her 50th Birthday Bash awaited her!
I flown the next morning to San Diego, Leila picked me up in the airport. The first thing I noticed was how hot it was! We headed to the Fire Garden where the engagement party took place. Leila was bummed that not all of her girls were able to make it- most of us are located in different places. Lizzie is one of our girls and she told Leila that she couldn't make the event. But then Lizzie surprised her! It was a costume-themed party and everyone dressed up in pairs. I was a Batgirl and I was so worried that Leila would start suspecting that someone was going to be my Robin girl. But she did not seem suspicious. How did we surprise her? I think this picture explains it very clearly:
Taken from Lizzie's instagram. I had Leila close her eyes and Lizzie sneaked behind her- then I asked Leila to open her eyes. I told her "I must have a teammate, I don't do things alone- I need my Robin here and guess who's the Robin?" Lizzie turned Leila around and Leila was so surprised! You could see the emotions in this picture. Leila got teary eyed and gave us a Nala-yish hug! (She dressed up as Nala)
Last weekend was not all about vacation, it was about surprises in life. Being able to deliver it, felt like a pure bliss.



No comments:
Post a Comment